PCB silkscreen specs and requirements
1. All components, mounting holes, and positioning holes have corresponding silkscreen marks. In order to facilitate the installation of the board, all components, mounting holes, and positioning holes have corresponding silkscreen marks. The mounting holes on the PCB use H1. H2…Hn for identification.
2. Silk-screen characters follow the principle of left to right and bottom-up. Silk-screen characters should follow the principle of left-to-right and bottom-up as far as possible. Keep electrolytic capacitors, diodes, and other polar components in each functional unit as much as possible. The direction is the same.
3. There is no silkscreen on the device pads and tin tracks that need to be tinned, and the device number should not be blocked by the device after installation. (The density is higher, except for those that do not need to be silk-screened on the PCB)
In order to ensure the soldering reliability of the device, it is required that there is no silkscreen on the pad. To ensure the continuity of the tin enamel, it is required to have no silkscreen on the enamel Tin. To facilitate the device insertion and maintenance, the device location number should not be blocked after the installation. The silkscreen should not be pressed on the via hole and the pad, so as to avoid the loss of part of the silkscreen when the solder mask window is opened, which will affect the training. The silkscreen spacing is greater than 5mil.
4. The polarity of the components with polarity is clearly indicated on the silkscreen, and the polarity direction mark is easy to identify.
5. The direction of the directional connector is clearly indicated on the silkscreen.
6. There should be a barcode position mark on the PCB. When the PCB board space permits, there should be a 42*6 barcode silkscreen frame on the PCB. The position of the barcode should be considered for easy scanning.
7. PCB board name, date, version number and other information screen printing position should be clear. The PCB file should be printed with the board name, date, version number and other information of the finished board, and the position is clear and eye-catching.
8. The complete manufacturer’s relevant information and anti-static signs should be on the PCB.
9. The number of PCB Gerber files is correct, each layer should have the correct output, and there should be a complete output of the number of layers.
10. The identifier of the device on the PCB must be consistent with the identification symbol in the BOM list.
Design printout notes
1. The layers that need to be output are:
(1). The wiring layer includes the top layer/bottom layer/middle wiring layer/power layer including the VCC layer and the GND layer;
(2). The silkscreen layer includes the top silkscreen/bottom silkscreen/
(3). The solder mask includes the top solder mask and the bottom solder mask
(4). In addition, the drilling file NCDrill must be generated
2. If the power layer is set to Split/Mixed, select Routing in the Document item of the Add Document window and use PourManager’s Plane Connect to pour copper on the PCB diagram before outputting the Gerber file; if it is set to CAMPlane, select Plane in When setting the Layer item, add Layer25 and select pads and Vias in the Layer25 layer.
3. Press Device Setup in the device setting window to change the value of Aperture to 199
4. Select the Board Outline when setting the Layer of each layer
5. Do not select Part Type when setting the Layer of the silkscreen layer. Select the Outline Text Line of the top and bottom layers and the silkscreen layer
6. When setting the layer of the solder mask layer, select vias to indicate that no solder mask is added to the vias, and not to select the vias to indicate that the solder mask depends on the specific situation.
7. Use the default settings of PowerPCB when generating drill files, do not make any changes
8. After all the gerbera files are output, they are opened with CAM350 and printed. The designer and reviewer will check according to the “PCB checklist”
Safety marking requirements
1. The safety mark of the fuse is complete. Whether there are 6 complete marks near the fuse, including fuse serial number, fusing characteristics, rated current value, explosion-proof characteristics, rated voltage value, and English warning signs. Such as F101 F3.15AH, 250Vac, “CAUTION: For Continued Protection Against Risk of Fire, Replace Only With Same Type and Rating of Fuse”. If there is no space to arrange the English warning signs on the PCB, you can put the labor and English warning signs in the product manual for instructions.
2. The dangerous voltage area on the PCB is marked with high voltage warning signs. The dangerous voltage area of the PCB should be separated from the safe voltage area by a 40mil wide dotted line, and the high voltage danger mark and “DANGER! HIGH VOLTAGE” should be printed. The high voltage warning symbol is shown in the figure: DANGER!! HI
3. The original and secondary side isolation tapes are clearly marked. The original and secondary side isolation tapes of the PCB are clearly marked with a dotted line mark in the middle.
4. PCB board safety signs should be clear and complete.
RCY PCB is a professional PCB manufacturer with more than 20 years of professional experience leading process capability in the field of Rigid PCB, Flex PCB, Rigid-flex PCB, etc. If you have any PCB/PCBA demands, feel free to contact us. Email: Sales@szrcypcb.com